As a skilled operator, only after understanding the requirements, process routes, and machine tool characteristics of the machined parts can the machine tool be manipulated to complete various processing tasks. Therefore, several points of operation are organized for reference:
- In order to simplify positioning and security, each positioning surface of the fixture should have precise coordinate dimensions relative to the processing origin of the CNC machining center.
- In order to ensure that the installation orientation of the parts is consistent with the direction of the workpiece coordinate system and the machine tool coordinate system selected in the programming, and orientation installation.
- After a short period of disassembly, it can be changed to a fixture suitable for new workpieces. Since the auxiliary time of the CNC machining center has been compressed to a very short time, the loading and unloading of the supporting fixtures cannot take up too much time.
- The fixture should have as few components and high rigidity as possible.
- The fixture should be opened as far as possible, the space position of the clamping element can be as low as possible, and the installation fixture cannot interfere with the tool path of the step.
- Ensure that the processing contents of the workpiece are completely completed within the range of the spindle’s stroke.
- For a CNC machining center with an interactive worktable, the fixture design must prevent spatial interference between the fixture and the machine tool due to the movement of the worktable, up, down, and rotation.
- Try to complete all processing contents in one clamping. When it is necessary to replace the clamping point, pay special attention not to damage the positioning accuracy due to the replacement of the clamping point, and explain in the process file if necessary.
- The contact between the bottom surface of the fixture and the workbench, the flatness of the bottom surface of the fixture must be within 0.01-0.02mm, and the surface roughness is not greater than Ra3.2μm.