The manufacture of aluminum profile extrusion profile molds is also one of the key factors that determine its quality and service life. Because aluminum extrusion tooling has a series of characteristics, it requires high requirements for aluminum profile mold making technology:
1. Because the working conditions of aluminum alloy extrusion processing molds are very bad, they need to withstand the effects of high temperature, high pressure and high friction during the extrusion process. Therefore, it is required to use high-strength heat-resistant alloy steel, and the melting, casting and forging of these steel materials , Heat treatment, electrical processing, mechanical processing and surface treatment are all very complicated, which brings a series of difficulties to mold processing.
Manufacturing requirements of die for aluminum profile extrusion process
2. In order to improve the service life of the aluminum profile extrusion processing mold and ensure the surface quality of the product, the roughness of the mold cavity working belt is required to reach 0.8-0.4μm, and the roughness of the mold plane is less than 1.6μm. Therefore, when making the mold Special polishing process and polishing equipment are required.
3. Due to the development of extruded products in the direction of high, precision and sharpness, the wall thickness of some profiles and pipes is reduced to about 0.5mm, and the tolerance of extruded aluminum products is required to reach ±0.05mm. The product requires the manufacturing precision of the mold to reach 0.01mm, which can not be manufactured by the traditional process. Therefore, it is required to update the process and use new special equipment. For example: CNC lathes, CNC machining centers and slow wire processing and other advanced high-precision processing equipment.
4. The aluminum profile is very complicated, especially the ultra-high-precision thin-walled hollow aluminum profile and porous hollow-wall aluminum profile require special extrusion mold structure, often with multiple shaped holes on a mold. The thickness of each section changes rapidly, the related dimensions are complicated, and there are many arc corners, which brings a lot of trouble to the processing and heat treatment of the mold.
5. There are many varieties of aluminum extrusion products, small batches, frequent mold changes, and strong adaptability of the mold. Therefore, it is required to improve the production efficiency of the mold, shorten the mold cycle as much as possible, and change the mold program quickly , Can accurately produce qualified molds according to the drawings, reducing the workload of repairing molds to the lowest level.
6. Due to the increasingly wide application range of aluminum profile extrusion products, the specifications range is very wide. Therefore, there are small molds weighing a few kilograms and having an overall size of 100mm×25mm, and some weighing more than 2000kg and having an external size of 1800mm× 450mm large mold. There are small squeeze shafts that weigh as few as a few kilograms and have an overall size of 65mmx800mm, as well as large squeeze cylinders that weigh more than 100t and have an overall size of 2500mmx2600mm. The huge differences in mold specifications and quality require completely different manufacturing methods and procedures, and completely different processing equipment.
7. There are many types of extruding tools, complex structures, and high requirements for assembly accuracy. In addition to requiring special processing methods and special equipment, special tooling fixtures and tools and special heat treatment methods are required.
8. In order to improve the quality and service life of the mold, in addition to selecting reasonable materials and optimizing the design, it is necessary to adopt the best heat treatment process and surface strengthening treatment process to obtain moderate mold hardness and high surface quality, which is for the shape Especially complex and difficult-to-extrude products and special structure molds are particularly important.
In summary, the processing technology of the aluminum profile extrusion processing die is different from the general mechanical manufacturing process, but is a very difficult and wide-ranging special technology. In order to manufacture high-quality and long-life molds, in addition to selecting and preparing high-quality mold materials, it is necessary to formulate reasonable cold processing technology, electrical processing technology, heat treatment technology and surface treatment workers.