The maintenance of the cast iron inspection platform also has the following precautions:
- 1) Do not match the working surfaces of the gauges of the two cast iron inspection platforms together (such as plug gauges and ring gauges), otherwise the two working surfaces will be glued to each other and will be unnecessarily damaged when applied with external force.
- 2) After the gauge of the cast iron inspection platform is used, wipe it with clean cotton yarn or soft cloth, put it in a special wooden box, and then store it in the tool cabinet; the sheet gauge can also be hung in the tool cabinet. If the weather is humid or you can only use it after a period of time, apply a layer of acid-free petrolatum or anti-rust oil after wiping it clean. The place where the gauge is kept must be dry.
- 3) Do not touch the working surface of the cast iron platform with your hands to avoid rust.
- 4) During use, the cast iron platform should be placed in an appropriate place.
- 5) Whether it is the gauge of the cast iron inspection platform that is often used or the gauge that is not often used, regular external inspections should be performed to see if there is any damage, corrosion or deformation. If you find that the gauge is starting to rust, you should put it in gasoline for a while, soak it for a while, then take it out carefully, wipe it clean, and apply anti-rust oil.