Casting is one of the primary methods for producing parts blanks, especially for parts blanks with some brittle metals or alloy materials (such as various cast iron parts, non-ferrous alloy castings, etc.), casting is almost the only processing method. Compared with other processing methods, the casting process has the following characteristics:
1) Castings can be free from the constraints of metal data, scale size and weight.Machining Castings materials can be all kinds of cast iron, cast steel, aluminum alloy, copper alloy, magnesium alloy, titanium alloy, zinc alloy and various special alloy materials; castings can be as small as a few grams, as large as hundreds of tons; casting wall thickness can be from 0.5 mm to about 1 meter; the length of casting can be from a few millimeters to more than ten meters.
2) Casting can produce rough blanks of various shapes, especially suitable for rough blank parts, such as various boxes, cylinders, blades, impellers, etc.
3) The shape and size of the casting can be very close to the part, which not only saves the metal data, but also saves the cutting man-hours.
4) The original materials generally used in castings have a long history and low casting costs.
5) The casting process is sensitive and the yield is high. It can be produced by both technology and mechanization.