The service life of Swiss CNC punch press molds depends on factors such as reasonable mold structure, high manufacturing accuracy, good heat treatment effect, correct selection of punch presses, and mold installation accuracy of punch presses. For the neglected links, the following points should be noted:
(1) The mold should be strictly inspected before installation and use, remove dirt, and check whether the guide bush of the mold and the mold are well lubricated.
(2) Regularly check the turntable of the punch and the mounting base of the mold to ensure the coaxial accuracy of the upper and lower turntables.
(3) Install the convex and concave molds on the turntable according to the mold installation procedure to ensure that the convex and concave molds have the same direction, especially for the molds with non-circular and square orientation requirements, to prevent incorrect installation and reverse installation.
(4) After the mold is installed, check whether the fastening screws of the mold mounting base are tight.
(5) The punch and die edges of the punch die should be stopped and sharpened in time, otherwise it will quickly expand the degree of wear of the die edge, accelerate die wear, and reduce the quality of the punching parts and die life.
(6) For general-purpose molds used in mass production, there should be a backup so as to rotate production and ensure production needs.
(7) The stamping personnel should use softer metal (such as copper, aluminum, etc.) to install the mold to make the operation tool to prevent damage to the mold when knocking or smashing during the installation process.
(8) Handle with care during the mold transportation process, and never allow tossing and bumping, so as not to damage the cutting edge and guide of the mold.
(9) After use, the mold should be returned to the designated location in time and treated with oil and rust.
(10) To ensure the service life of the mold, the spring of the mold should be replaced regularly to prevent the fatigue damage of the spring from affecting the use of the mold. Common problems in the use of punch die.